The results have been published as an online LGBTQ history exhibition and include:
- Pubs in Cheltenham and gay discos at the Racecourse.
- Hugh Despenser the Younger, a ‘favourite’ of King Edward II, buried in Tewkesbury Abbey.
- A 1716 charge of sodomy against a Cotswold tenant and a visiting farm labourer.
- Suffragette Mary Blathwayt whose diaries can be interpreted to refer to lesbian relationships.
- Music producer and ‘Telstar’ songwriter Joe Meek born in the Forest of Dean.
The exhibition is presented by geographical district – just click on the map to learn it’s history.