Lesbian Gay Bisexual Trans History Month takes place every year in February and celebrates the lives and achievements of the LGBT community.
OutStories Bristol are co-ordinating a dozen events including:
- Three talks focusing on the lives of trans people
- History walks in Bristol and Bath
- A concert by our LGBT choir, Sing Out Bristol
- A cycle tour of locations associated with Bristol’s most pre-eminent gay icon
- Bristol launch of a book on the history of Gay West
- The film The Killing of Sister George
- A talk titled Gay & Lesbian Marriage in Georgian England by Rictor Norton, an internationally respected historian.
The programme has been compiled by OutStories Bristol in conjunction with Bristol City Council, Bristol Lesbian & Gay Switchboard, CycleOut Bristol, M-Shed, Gay West and Hydra Books.
You can book a place online (or just let us know you’re coming) at Eventbrite.