LGBT History Month 2014 is upon us. We’ll be updating this section regularly to highlight the week’s upcoming event. We have a busy schedule planned throughout February, taking a look at history from every angle – through the many coloured spectrum of the rainbow flag, if you like – and taking in superheroes, secret languages, walks, talks, discos and Beryl Reid in a bowler hat.
What’s the time, Mr Wolfenden?
Say goodbye to LGBT History Month and joins us for a gin & lime or a Pimms & ginger with OutStories hommage to the 1960s gay bar.
We promise you dancing girls, the finest sixties’ platters spun by London’s Unskinny Bop and some nice retro touches. You can also help raise money to help OutStories Bristol put on more events in the future. Donate 20 shillings and buy a raffle ticket – you can win top-notch prizes:
- Subscription to Diva magazine (donated by Diva)
- Subscription to Gay Times magazine (donated by Gay Times)
- Unskinny Bop tee (donated by Unskinny Bop)
- Signed Hardback copy of Petite Mort by Beatrice Hitchman (donated by Beatrice Hitchman)
- Copy of Sarah Waters’ Affinity (donated by Diva)
- Copy of Venus With Biceps: A Pictorial History of Muscular Women (donated by Diva)
- DVDs donated by Diva (including The Edge of Heaven and GW Pabst’s Diary of a Lost Girl)
- Bottle of Babycham (because you always have to have a booby prize).
Space is strictly limited so book a place here. Dressing up not compulsory but definitely encouraged. Come in full bona 60s drag or simply accessorise.