Clifton Hill House, Lower Clifton Hill, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 1BX

A fine Palladian house of 1747, now a Hall of Residence for the University of Bristol. From 1851 until 1877 it was occupied by the family of John Addington Symonds (1840-93), Bristol’s most important gay historical figure.

Clifton Hill House, Bristol

Clifton Hill House (front)

Clifton Hill House Bristol plaque

Plaque on front of house

Clifton Hill House, Bristol

Clifton Hill House (rear)

 Leave a Reply

(required)

(required)