OutStories Bristol is developing a new collaborative project with the University of Bristol and Bristol City Council. Continuing the research we started for our Revealing Stories exhibition, the project aims to gather the LGBT story of the Bristol area and create a permanent online archive. We are calling this project place and it should formally commence in October (provided the funding application is successful).
- Research locations in central Bristol with LGBT associations.
- Create a timeline of LGBT venues.
- Interview trans people; identify past and present local trans groups.
- Help Bristol’s LGBT groups collect and record their history.
- Any other local LGBT topic that interests you, and you want to research!
This event is your opportunity to learn about this exciting new project and find out how you can get involved – oral history interviewing, research in local archives or online, helping digitize material for upload to our website.
Refreshments provided. To help with numbers for catering, please book on Eventbrite.
Saturday 28 February 2015, 2pm to 4pm
Mild West Room, 5th floor, Hamilton House, 80 Stokes Croft, Bristol, BS1 2QY
Accessibility: the entrance on Stokes Croft to the left of The Canteen cafe/bar is ramped, no steps. There is a lift to the fifth floor.
The disabled toilets on the ground floor are unisex and may be used as gender-neutral toilets.
Print this flyer and invite your friends! :